Chrissy Nicole Adams

Friday, January 2, 2009

New year.....new beginnings

Ni hao (hello in mandarin)


*China Update*

My roommate Julee and I bought our ONE WAY tickets to Beijing, China this week. (craziness) So I will be leaving on March 4th from Tulsa to meet Julee in Newark, NJ. We will spend the night in Newark and then leave for China on the 5th of March. I am sending my visa application into the agency today and I purchased my laptop last night. So this week has started the China madness for Julee and I. With the excitement and preparation to make our big move I was reminded of how far away I am from my financial goal for this trip. I am only 1/4 of the way to where I need to be financially to live in China for one year. I have two months left to raise roughly $9,000. By raising that money before I leave for China I could gruarantee my stay in China for one year as well as be able to focus 100% on my work in China instead of worrying about raising money. Believe me, you could not meet anyone that hates asking for financial help more than I do. But it's a process that I'm walking through to make this next year a reality.

But I have already raised $4,000 through your faithfulness. Again just in case you didn't hear that the first time, with your help I raised $4,000 through the thanksgiving and Christmas seasons! Thank you so much for your faithfulness and your financial support! I love you all!!! God has blessed me with amazing friends and family and I couldn't be more thankful for you!



Prayer Requests:


1.Please pray that I raise all $9,000 before March 1st

2.Please pray for my roommate Julee and I to make wise decisions as we prepare to move to a foreign country for one year! Please pray that I can fit everything I need to pack in two bags. (yikes)

3.Please pray for the China Home Foundation to be fully functioning my March 1st. (the orphanage where I will be working and living.)

4.Please pray for Godly wisdom and favor for my friends Mikey and Michael (the directors of the orphanage that I will be working in)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home